Monday, January 7, 2008

Ridiculous Trading Day! Week 2 udapte 1

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Today was a wild ride for my portfolio today. I basically had all shorts, the market finished up (AZO finished up over 1% and I still gained 20%) ,and I hit my goal in one day! I came home (2:45pm et) and opened up the trading desk and to my surprise 5 out of the 6 picks were all stopped out at the +20% mark (or so I thought some of them actually got filled in at lower percentages). But I saw an unbelievable trade when I opened my account summary, GPI was bought at 9:31 @ 1.48 and 2 minutes later at 9:33 was sold @ 2.25 for a 52% profit in to minutes (options are so powerful). I immediately sold off my losing position WMT, because at the time I thought I had enough to cover the 20% goal, but I came up 5 percentage points short. My portfolio total was up +15% in one day I love when that happens (believe or not it happens alot with my style of trading). Since I only traded about $6000 this week instead of the full $12,000 the portfolio dollar-wise is up to about $13,000 so a 30% gain this month. Most of my positions were exited before 11:00am . I know as a reader you'd like to see more picks so I wont rest I will come up with more picks.

AZO 20%
ASCA 15%
TUP 17%
WMT -30%
ADI 25%
GPI 52%
total %15

Look @ the trade times.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I was very surprised at the fact that the market finished up after a day like friday, good sign for bulls.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 comments:

Said Khorramshahgol said...

Wow, 15%...good job dude. Are you going to keep this blog up even after you hit your $1M mark? I hope so, I think it will be a good case study (at least for me...I'm reading my first book on investing in stocks).

Anonymous said...

Would you be interested in puts in AZO again tomorrow since it went up today

Anonymous said...

Wow great trading day and what a great site

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am trying to learn more about trading and I had a few question about what you do...

What trading platform do you use that allows you to put in the 2nd order to sell out of your position? Is that the same as a stoplimit order?

Also, how are you able to buy and sell the same option in the same day? Wouldn't that violate the Pattern Day Trading rules if you do not yet have 25K in your account?

Thanks,
Bill

52weekHi said...

I use Think or Swim

and I did get margin called but they saw and I proved It was a pure coincidence. technically I only sold 1 position WMT the stoplimits did the rest. They saw I only put in an order to sell @ 20% profit which is really high, and had no orders to sell at a loss