Tuesday, January 22, 2008

$pectacular Trading Day 87% 1 month Week 4 update 1

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Wow the trading day was good to me, my gut feeling to add more picks paid off, the early drop made most of my picks profitable.
DXD Calls were up 58%, the SDS calls were up 104% well over the target of 20%. The stoplimit of +%20 is the reason why I have such big gains, because I probably would have waited to sell and would have lost nearly all of my profit. SKF calls were up 27% in the morning the stoplimit sold them, then the SKF went into negative territory, down 5.99% as I speak. I only had 2 negative trades KFT and PG. So the trades were:
SYM-----------Buy----Sell--Gain
DXD-----------1.70---2.70 +58%
PG------------6.60---4.80 -27%
TWM(Mrk&Lmt)--6.25---8.95 +43%
TYC-----------1.88---2.30 +22%
SKF-----------13.40--17.00 +27%
SCG-----------1.50---3.10 +106%
KFT-----------1.78---1.15 -35%
SDS-----------4.05---8.35 +104%



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you should take the next 2 months off you're ahead of the game :)

Did you buy your calls right at 9:30, I thought I read earlier you were doing a few puts.

If you auto sell at 20% up how did you get 100% out of SCG

52weekHi said...

So you should take the next 2 months off you're ahead of the game :)

Did you buy your calls right at 9:30, I thought I read earlier you were doing a few puts.

If you auto sell at 20% up how did you get 100% out of SCG
====================================
Its a trigger to sell when the options up 20% in value sometimes @ the open the stock will go up or down so fast that the trigger has to sell at a price higher than 20%, it happens alot.

I did have puts pg kft and scg were puts

And I cant take the next 2 months off no one would read the blog!

Unknown said...

Great day, congrats!!

I have a question...can you explain or is there any reasoning behind the price you were able to buy the SDS call at? The ETF openned at $72 so the FEB 65 call would have had at least $7 of intrinsic value. I would have thought it would have openned someone near its high on the day (which I think was about $9), but you were able to buy it at $3 with your market on open order!! If you look at all the other calls (64, 63, 62, 61, .etc) they all oppenned at the day's high.

Is there something to this? Have you noticed a pattern like before?

I read your picks last night and when I say how the market moved after the open I was thinking that you were going to have a tough day but I was really happy to see what had happenned for you. I don't understand how you got some incredible fills at the open.

OptionPundit said...

Great Show Andrew!! Keep it going and up.

Profitable trading, OP

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know more about the fill rate as well, but looking at the time of the trade I think I know the answer. :)

I passed the same order just to see and I lost more money that I would like. :) I guess my loss made your gains :) So that may be worth it to fulfill your dreams.

Beside the fact that I didn't have the direct 2nd order @ +20% limit (I sold by hand later this morning but that's not the biggest thing), the major cause is when my orders have been filled.

For the two orders I got at around the same time (9:30 and 9:31), I have roughly the same price. But the issue is that within 2 minutes the price went up and everything after that was just downhill.

My next orders were passed at 9:43 to 9:47 then 10:08 for the last one. But it was too late, price was way too high. If I had to guess, it was just the E*Trade servers chugging (or there were no open volume anymore?). That made the difference between a gain and a loss.

I opened a new TOS account a couple of weeks ago, I guess it's time to change my trader. :)